- RSS Channel Showcase 3760548
- RSS Channel Showcase 9644528
- RSS Channel Showcase 6490448
- RSS Channel Showcase 7732536
Articles on this Page
- 08/22/16--16:48: _BLOOD BEACH (1980) ...
- 08/30/16--13:45: _MONSTER FROM GREEN ...
- 09/05/16--11:07: _HIGH SCHOOL CONFIDE...
- 09/07/16--16:02: _BAD MOVIES FOR BACK...
- 09/10/16--10:33: _ZUMA (1985) & DAUGH...
- 09/17/16--09:30: _BATWOMAN (1968) MOV...
- 10/06/16--16:33: _HALLOWEEN FILMS: EL...
- 10/08/16--15:08: _DR CALIGARI (1989):...
- 10/11/16--15:34: _HORROR FILMS FROM “...
- 10/21/16--16:11: _THE BODY SHOP (1973)
- 08/22/16--16:48: BLOOD BEACH (1980) ON THE TEXAS 27 FILM VAULT
- 08/30/16--13:45: MONSTER FROM GREEN HELL (1957): TEXAS 27 FILM VAULT
- 09/05/16--11:07: HIGH SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL (1958): TEXAS 27 FILM VAULT
- 09/07/16--16:02: BAD MOVIES FOR BACK TO SCHOOL TIME
- 09/10/16--10:33: ZUMA (1985) & DAUGHTER OF ZUMA (1987)
- 09/17/16--09:30: BATWOMAN (1968) MOVIE REVIEW
- 10/06/16--16:33: HALLOWEEN FILMS: ELEVEN MEXICAN MOVIE MONSTERS
- 10/08/16--15:08: DR CALIGARI (1989): ERASERHEAD MEETS LIQUID SKY
- 10/11/16--15:34: HORROR FILMS FROM “THE DEATH KING” HIMSELF!
- 10/21/16--16:11: THE BODY SHOP (1973)
In the middle 1980s/ Way down on Level 31 … Balladeer’s Blog continues its examination of this neglected cult show from the 1980s. EPISODE ORIGINALLY BROADCAST: Saturday February 22nd, 1986 from 10:30pm to 1:00am. SERIAL: Before showing and mocking the … Continue reading
balladeerBlood BeachTexas 27 Film Vault posterCrazy!Don't worry - every thread of this man's wardrobe will be painstakingly described later in the movie.Richard and RandyRandy (right) and Richard way down on Level 31 hosting The Texas 27 Film Vault
In the middle 1980s/ Way down on Level 31 … Before MST3K there was … THE TEXAS 27 FILM VAULT! Balladeer’s Blog continues its examination of this neglected cult show from the mid-1980s. EPISODE ORIGINALLY BROADCAST: Saturday March 30th, 1985 from 10:30pm to … Continue reading
balladeermonster from green hellLost CityTHE TUNNEL WITH THE MINIATURES OF MULTIPLE VAULT DOORS THAT OPENED AS THE POV CAMERA FILMED THEM. Monster from Green Hell 3monster from green hell 2Randy (right) and Richard way down on Level 31 hosting The Texas 27 Film Vault
Before MST3K there was The Texas 27 Film Vault! Balladeer’s Blog continues its examination of this neglected cult show from the 1980s. Randy Clower, Richard Malmos, Ken “Tex” Miller and Joe “The Hypnotic Eye” Riley played machine-gun toting members of … Continue reading
balladeerHigh School ConfidentialHigh School Confidential"No, Frenchies, it was Jerry LEE Lewis, not Jerry Lewis who appeared in this movie!"Randy (right) and Richard way down on Level 31 hosting The Texas 27 Film Vault
What better way to mark the return of the school year than with the absurdity of those over-the- top Juvenile Delinquent films of the 1950s and 1960s? HIGH SCHOOL CAESAR (1960) – John Ashley, who was about as menacing as … Continue reading
balladeerhigh-school-caesarshake-rattle-and-rockhot-rod-ganguntamed-youthdiary-of-a-high-school-bridegirls-townParty CrashersCry Baby KillerHigh School Confidential2
Readers have requested that I review Zuma, but I already did long ago, along with its sequel so here it is again. To see if I’ve already reviewed a movie you are curious about click HERE ZUMA (1985) – Category: Enjoyably … Continue reading
This time around the subject is the 1968 Mexican film Batwoman (La Mujer Murcielago). For starters this should NOT be confused with the Jerry Warren film The Wild, Wild World of Batwoman, but often is because Warren was the stateside … Continue reading
balladeerBatwoman 1Batwoman 2Batwoman 5Batwoman 4Batwoman 7Batwoman 6Batwoman 3
Welcome back to Balladeer’s Blog’s month-long celebration of Halloween! Mexican horror films of the 1950s and 1960s deserve to be as well known as the Hollywood horror films from the 30s and 40s. Just as Universal Studios churned out a series … Continue reading
balladeerbrainiacThe Original PosterCurse of the Doll PeopleThe Witch's MirrorThe Man and the MonsterThe Black Pit of Dr MThe Aztec MummyCurse of the Crying Woman Mascot FOUR original picsLa LobaMonster from the Volcano
DR CALIGARI (1989) – “The Cabaret of Dr Caligari” might make a more fitting title for Stephen Sayadian’s genre-bending Dr Caligari. Long before Dandy Dust there was this fun movie which was sort of a hybrid of Eraserhead and The Rocky Horror … Continue reading
Balladeer’s Blog’s month-long celebration of Halloween continues with this look at some of the films from one of the most envelope-pushing horror directors of all time: Germany’s “auteur of the transgressive,” Jorg Buttgereit. ** EXTREME HORROR AHEAD ** … Continue reading
THE BODY SHOP (1973) – Category: A neglected bad movie classic that deserves a Plan 9-sized cult following The horror film titled The Body Shop is one of my all-time favorite bad movie gems. It includes all the little extras … Continue reading